This is just a quick post to show I have recently passed the A2 CofC and GVC drone licence.

On the last day of 2020 new drone regulations came into force in the uk and throughout the EU. These regulations make no distinction between commercial and recreational drone flying, instead they focus on the level of risk for the type of flying you intend to do. The training and qualifications you need will depend on the risk resulting from the weight of drone you want to fly and the sort of locations where you intend to fly. If you need to fly any drone weighing over 250g where there will be uninvolved people or in a built up area you will need to gain a qualification.

So, if you intend to fly your drone at least 150m away from people and any built-up areas you may only need to register as an operator and take the flyer test on the CAA’s Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education System. If you want to fly your drone closer to people or within a built up area then you will be required to hold either an A2 Certificate of Competency (A2 CofC) or a General VLOS Certificate (GVC) with a CAA Operational Authorisation.

If you wish to pass your A2 CofC – get it at the UAV Academy.